Golfers Elbow Exercises
Recover Fast with Golfers Elbow Exercises
Having medial epicondylitis, or golfer’s elbow, can be a huge problem. The pain in your elbow can prevent you from moving your arms and participating in the sports and activities that you enjoy. We have provided a number of golfers elbow exercises that you can try to speed up your recovery process.
Golfers Elbow Exercises You Can Try
You can do the following stretching exercises to bring back the flexibility of the muscles of your arm.
- Wrist active range of motion, flexion and extension. Bend the wrist of your injured arm forward and backwards as far as you can. Repeat 15 times.
- Wrist Stretch. Press the back of the hand of your injured arm with your other hand. Hold it for 15 to 30 seconds. Then, stretch the hand back by pressing the fingers backwards. Again, hold it for 15 to 40 seconds. Make sure to keep the arm on your injured side straight while doing this exercise. Repeat three times.
- Forearm pronation and supination. Bend the elbow of your injured arm at 90 degrees while keeping it at your side. Then, turn your palm up and hold this position for five seconds. Slowly turn your palm down and hold this position for five seconds. Do two sets of 15 repetitions.
If your golfers elbow is no longer that painful, you can proceed to doing strengthening exercises. However, always be careful when doing strengthening exercises. You should also avoid rushing yourself because there is a chance that your injury might come back if you overdo it.
Here’s a simple strengthening exercise you can try. You may use a light weight of about 1kg or a resistance band.
- First, rest the injured arm on a flat surface, with your forearm and palm facing upwards.
- Curl the weight up and down while keeping your forearm and wrist still.
- Start with 3 sets of 10 repetitions a day. Depending on your condition, you may gradually increase the number of repetition of up to 3 sets of 30 reps daily.
Take note that the above mentioned guidelines are for information purposes only. Before you start doing any exercises, we encourage you to seek professional advice first. This is to prevent the recurrence of your injuries or making your current condition worse.
Say Goodbye to Golfers Elbow
At Golfers-Elbow.com.au, we offer valuable resources and information that can help you find quick and reliable treatment for golfer’s elbow. We can also provide you with tips on which golfers elbow brace or product to use to help with your injury.
Check out our product range. We’ll be more than happy to provide you with the assistance you need.